On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Have a good understanding of the evidence and key legislation that surrounds manual handling training.
- Use a variety of objective tools to assess and control manual handling risk.
- Critique manual handling techniques and suggest ways of improving them.
- Understand what content should be included when developing a manual handling course.
- Be confident at working with a customer or client to ensure that the training delivered meets their requirements.
- Recognise how to keep delegates engaged when delivering manual handling training.
Maximum number of delegates: 12.
Tom Bivins is a Registered Member of ACPOHE with over 15 years’ experience in the field of Occupational Health and Ergonomics. He spent the first part of his career working as a sports scientist and Chartered Physiotherapist, specialising in complex chronic conditions. He delivers ergonomic consultancy across a range of different sectors including rail, aerospace, construction and utilities. Tom has a particular interest in developing evidence-based training and enjoyable interventions that cause quantifiable behaviour change.
Please note that payment by GoCardless is for a one off payment and not an annual Direct Debit.
Dates and times
This course: 6th March 2021 - 09:30 to 16:00.
This course is also being run on 4th September 2021 - 09:30 to 16:00. Click here to see details.