The NHS has produced a the following interactive toolkit to help support people back to work after a stroke.
This toolkit provides a comprehensive overview of vocational rehabilitation (VR) and includes:
- Background to VR for people following stroke
- Key clinical standards and guidance documents Commissioning VR services
- Step-by-step guidance on the process of how to:
- start the conversation about work
- support individuals to return to work or studies
- support individuals out of work
- support individuals to find alternative employment
- Case studies which illustrate key aspects of the process
- Tools and templates;
- Links to resources for stroke survivors, employers and clinicians
- Links to further elearning resources
There are also sections on:
- Audit and outcome measures
- Commissioning VR services
Click on the box below to download the toolkit. You can also watch the main summary slides here.
NHS VR Stroke toolkit presentation.pdf
- This is also available on our Work & Health Learning and Development Hub - CLICK HERE.