Course details: How to Talk Work and complete the Fitnote in Primary Care - A Live, interactive workshop for FCPs
Dates: New dates coming soon / bespoke courses available
Time: 12:00 - 15:00
Cost: ACPOHE Members and non-members £49
Location: Course – online via Zoom
FCP Work and Health Fitnote Training Workshops
Earlier in 2022 we ran a CSP funded project on supporting FCPs with having working conversations and completing the Fitnote, delivering FCP Work and Health Training Workshops via Zoom. Please see our report on this below:
We can deliver the workshop to FCPs at NHS trusts and other groups employing FCPs - please scroll down to read more.
How to Talk Work and complete the Fitnote in Primary Care - A Live, interactive workshop for FCPs
A 3-hour interactive workshop via Zoom designed for First Contact Physiotherapy Practitioners in Primary Care. The workshop will ensure your compliance with the FCP Roadmap to Practice, discuss work and workability within the biopsychosocial framework of health and the importance of effective work conversations. It also examines what workplace changes can be suggested and influenced and how to use the AHP Health and Work Report and Med 3 Fitnotes. Time will be spent completing the Fitnotes using a variety of case studies. We will encourage active debate and discussion to ensure that you improve your confidence in addressing work factors and completing the Fitnote.
The case studies will have a physiotherapy bias. However, much of the content is also applicable to other professionals working in a first contact role in primary care, especially OT's.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand Work & Health in the FCP roadmap to practice
- Be familiar with ‘Work’ and ‘Workability’ in the BPS model of health
- Know how to undertake a work conversation effectively
- Recommend basic workplace changes and modifications
- Competently complete the AHP health and Work and Med 3 Fitnote
- Be confident in the above in your own practice or place of work
Presenter / Tutors
Name: Kathy Roberts
Kathy Roberts is a Registered Member of ACPOHE with 25 years’ experience in the field of Occupational Health and Ergonomics and will bring this course to life with case-studies and personal experience. She is an expert educator and is passionate about supporting physiotherapists to develop their skills and scope of practice in this area.
Pre Course requirements:
Delegates must have a background in healthcare. We welcome delegates from a non-physiotherapy background and those working outside of primary care although the course content is most apt for individuals working within primary care.
We can run this workshop for your organisation:
Cost: £499 per workshop with up to 25 attendees. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to arrange a workshop for your organisation.
We are running this workshop for individuals to book on to, subject to a minimum number of attendees:
Cost: £49 per person. More dates coming soon. This course is open to everyone including non-ACPOHE members.
- New dates coming soon.
- If you'd like to register your interest in future dates for this course please send an email to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about accessibility or to request any reasonable accommodations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before you book your place. We will do our best to accommodate your requirements to help you get the most from your experience with ACPOHE.
Health/Work and Med3 Fitnote Training
A recorded 1.5 hour presentation on How to Talk Work and complete the Med3 Fitnote is now freely available via the Free Guest Access portal of our Work & Health Learning and Development Hub.
To access this:
- Go to our Work & Health Learning and Development Hub: https://acpohelms.co.uk/login.php
- Click on the FREE Guest Access button top right
- Click on Skills & Knowledge Hub
- Click on Our Courses
- Click on 12 - FREE Work/Health and Fitnote Training and finally
- Click on How to Talk Work and complete the Fitnote Online Course and follow the instructions.
If you'd like a quote for us to deliver live workshop(s) to your employees via Zoom, please send an email to our admin office at email@example.com.
- 14/12/22 Work and Health: physiotherapists and the fit note - our collaboration with the CSP. CLICK HERE to watch the CSP's recording on their YouTube channel.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.