Date: NEW DATES COMING SOON
Time: 09:00 - 17:00
Cost: ACPOHE Members £175
Location: Collingwood Health, The Buckingham Centre, 30 Bradford Road, Slough, SL1 4PG, UK
ACPOHE Office Ergonomics (DSE) Competency to Practice (Unit 3) - FACE TO FACE
Are you competent in your DSE practice? How can you prove your competency to your current or potential customers? Is it a while since you completed your DSE training, and you would like an update on the latest approaches? Want to boost your confidence to take on more complex cases?
This brand new 1 day face to face course will:
- Provide you with an update on current best practice including current legislation surrounding hybrid working, anthropometric measurement, complex case scenarios, clinical reasoning and how to encourage changes in behaviour.
- Enable you to try out a large amount of commercially available ergonomic equipment and ensure that you know how this works and can demonstrate its use.
- Test your competency to carry out DSE assessment, including your assessment, reasoning, and management skills to help promote worker health in an office or home worker environment adopting a biopsychosocial model of health.
This face to face course will be run by Kathy Roberts and Juliet Raine who each have a wealth of experience in office ergonomics and will help to support you throughout the day and answer your questions. We will be supported by Osmond Ergonomics who will bring with them a variety of office chairs and other ergonomic equipment to help develop your product knowledge and practical skills. Suitable for anyone who has previously completed ACPOHE's DSE Office Ergonomics Level One training, or equivalent.
Tutor: Juliet Raine
Juliet qualified as a Physiotherapist in 2005 at Northumbria University in Newcastle-upon-Tyne. After completing her rotations in the NHS she moved into private practice and “fell” into the world of DSE assessments. Suspecting there was a little more than positions of screens and settings of a chair she investigated the world of ergonomics deeper, eventually completing a Masters in Health Ergonomics with the University of Derby in 2015.
She has specialised since 2008 not only in DSE assessments, but in injury prevention strategies, improving productivity and holistic workplace wellness interventions in a variety of settings, including laboratories, vehicles of all shapes and sizes, airport handling and security processes, factories and the retail and rail industries. Since 2017 she has offered remote, online DSE assessments in addition to her face to face interventions, allowing her to relocate to Sardinia, “commuting” back to the UK every 2 months. Juliet is passionate about her work, thrives on a challenge and loves to deliver training. She hopes to pass on some of her passion and enthusiasm for what is often viewed as a very “dry” subject to the participants of this course.
Tutor: Kathy Roberts
Kathy is a Registered Member of ACPOHE with 25 years’ experience in the field of Occupational Health and Ergonomics and will bring this course to life with case-studies and personal experience. She is an expert educator and is passionate about supporting physiotherapists to develop their skills and scope of practice in this area.
- There is a case-study to complete before the course which should take around 45 minutes.
- Refreshments are available throughout the day, but lunch is not included. Please bring your own or buy from the shops that are very nearby venue.
- There is ample free parking at the venue. It is too far to walk from Slough Train Station to the venue, but we have been advised that a taxi cost is around £8 each way.
Date: NEW DATES COMING SOON. If you are interested in attending this course when we run it again, please register your interest by emailing our admin team on email@example.com.
Time: 09:00 - 17:00
Cost: ACPOHE Members £175
Location: Collingwood Health, The Buckingham Centre, 30 Bradford Road, Slough, SL1 4PG UK
- NEW DATES COMING SOON. CLICK HERE TO BOOK.
Booking is via our Health & Work Learning and Development Hub. If you haven't accessed the Hub before, use the Forgotten Password link at the top right and enter the email address you use to log into the CSP / ACPOHE website when prompted for an email.
If you are interested in attending this course when we run it on other dates, please register your interest by emailing our admin team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not a member? Join ACPOHE here first. Standard or Associate membership is just £50.00.