Dates: Monday 2 September 2024
Time: 08:45 to 16:30
Cost: ACPOHE Members Early Bird £135 until 31/12/23, then ACPOHE Members £150 from 01/01/24
Location: Course – online
Are you a physio?
If you're not a physio, please get in touch with our admin team at email@example.com to check if the course is suitable for you.
This interactive online course, via Zoom, provides participants with the skills needed to develop and deliver an engaging and evidence-based manual handling workshop.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Have a good understanding of the evidence and key legislation that surrounds manual handling training.
- Understand the importance of using a variety of objective tools to assess and control manual handling risk.
- Critique manual handling techniques and using evidence-based information to suggest ways of improving them.
- Understand what content should be included when developing a manual handling course.
- Be confident at working with a customer or client to ensure that the training delivered meets their requirements.
- Recognise how to keep delegates engaged when delivering manual handling training.
- Understand how to create a bespoke manual handling training service to meet the needs of their clients in any sector.
Please note that this course does not cover the handling of people. A new course is coming in 2024 to help you design and deliver people handling training courses. Please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maximum number of delegates: 12.
Tom Bivins is a Registered Member of ACPOHE with over 15 years’ experience in the field of Occupational Health and Ergonomics. He spent the first part of his career working as a sports scientist and Chartered Physiotherapist, specialising in complex chronic conditions. He delivers ergonomics consultancy across a range of different sectors including rail, aerospace, construction and utilities. Tom has a particular interest in developing evidence-based training and enjoyable interventions that cause quantifiable behaviour change.
Booking is via our Health & Work Learning and Development Hub:
Please note: pre-course work and resources will be made available 8 - 10 weeks before the course. If they are not available when you book your place you will be notified by email when they become available.
- 02/09/24 - CLICK HERE to book
If you haven't accessed the Hub before, use the Forgotten Password link at the top right and enter the email address you use to log into the CSP / ACPOHE website when prompted for an email.
- If you'd like to register your interest in future dates for this course, please send an email to email@example.com.
Not a member? Join ACPOHE here first. Standard or Associate membership is just £50.00.
If you have any questions about accessibility or to request any reasonable accommodations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before you book your place. We will do our best to accommodate your requirements to help you get the most from your experience with ACPOHE.