Date: 2 September 2022
Time: 09:15 to 16:00
Cost: ACPOHE Members £150
Location: Course – online
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Have a good understanding of the evidence and key legislation that surrounds manual handling training.
- Use a variety of objective tools to assess and control manual handling risk.
- Critique manual handling techniques and suggest ways of improving them.
- Understand what content should be included when developing a manual handling course.
- Be confident at working with a customer or client to ensure that the training delivered meets their requirements.
- Recognise how to keep delegates engaged when delivering manual handling training.
Maximum number of delegates: 12.
Tom Bivins is a Registered Member of ACPOHE with over 15 years’ experience in the field of Occupational Health and Ergonomics. He spent the first part of his career working as a sports scientist and Chartered Physiotherapist, specialising in complex chronic conditions. He delivers ergonomic consultancy across a range of different sectors including rail, aerospace, construction and utilities. Tom has a particular interest in developing evidence-based training and enjoyable interventions that cause quantifiable behaviour change.
- 2 September 2022 - 09:15 to 16:30 via Zoom. £150 for ACPOHE members. CLICK HERE TO BOOK.
Booking is via our Health & Work Learning and Development Hub. If you haven't accessed the Hub before, use the Forgotten Password link at the top right and enter the email address you use to log into the CSP / ACPOHE website when prompted for an email.
If you are interested in attending this course when we run it on other dates, please register your interest by emailing our admin team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not a member? Join ACPOHE here first. Standard or Associate membership is just £50.00.