ACPOHE regularly runs courses to enable physiotherapists to gain the specialist knowledge required to practice in this field. ACPOHE is working closely with The CSP to accredit all of the courses.
Check out our What courses should I do? webpage for help on which courses might be suitable for you.
Our courses are stand-alone. If you are starting out in Occupational Health and Ergonomics, we recommend that you attend "Introduction to Occupational Health for Physiotherapists" and "Introduction to Applied Ergonomics for Physiotherapists" first as they introduce some of the basic concepts. Some of our courses such as "Office WorkStation Ergonomics (DSE) Level 2" is offered at a more advanced level for physiotherapists wishing to further expand their skills in a particular area and may have a number of pre-requisites. Where any pre-requisites exist this will be clearly indicated in the course information.
Attendance at ACPOHE courses is open to all ACPOHE members. We welcome attendance on our courses by non-members. However, we do encourage delegates of our courses to become an ACPOHE member as this will further support your professional practice in the areas that you have learnt about. To simplify our administration we now request that you become a member first and you will then pay the reduced course fee.
Please address enquiries about course content to tutors and general and booking enquiries to ACPOHE admin at email@example.com.
Have a topic you want to hear about?
If you are interested in attending a course and there is as yet no dates arranged on the website please let our admin team know of your interest by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We try and keep a list of courses that we provide on the website even if no dates have been arranged.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic our current courses are online only but we are hoping to resume in person courses as soon as we can.
2021 - 2022 ACPOHE COURSES
Your place on the course will only be secured once payment has been processed. In circumstances where a place is funded through the NHS or other organisation we still require full payment to secure your place and recommend you make a personal payment if the funding is delayed. ACPOHE will reimburse any duplicate of payment, should this occur.
Attendance on ACPOHE courses is open to all ACPOHE members at a reduced rate. If you wish to benefit from the reduced rate for the ACPOHE courses then please ensure that ACPOHE membership is purchased first and then book the course as a member. ACPOHE is unable to offer you membership and a £10 refund after you have attended to course that you booked on as a non-member. Membership is not included in the non-member cost of the course.
You can also search our courses, webinars and events here.
Occupational Health Essentials for Physiotherapists (Modules 1-9) - ONLINE
40 hour independent online learning aimed at Physiotherapists new to Occupational Health, to provide you with an ‘essential’ grounding into this specialism. Successful completion of all 9 modules leads to Technical Membership of ACPOHE. Also required for Registered Membership via Route 2. Module 1 is free for CSP members, Module 2 is free for ACPOHE members. The fee for Modules 3 - 9 is £250.00.
This course is online learning only and therefore is available at any time. Click here for more information.
NEW Office Ergonomics (DSE ) level 1 online blended learning course (includes 2 units)
Unit 1 is self-directed learning (approximately 2 - 3 hours) undertaken online and completion is required prior attendance at Unit 2 on the dates shown below. Click on the links below for more information.
Unit 2 dates:
- 25th June 2021 - 08:45 - 16:30 for live learning via Zoom. Completion of Unit 1 prior to this date essential. This will involve approximately 3 hours of independent learning and access details will be sent once payment has been made.
- 17th September 2021 - 08:45 - 16:30 for live learning via Zoom. Completion of Unit 1 prior to this date essential. This will involve approximately 3 hours of independent learning and access details will be sent once payment has been made.
Office WorkStation Ergonomics (DSE) Level 1 face to face - CARDIFF
This 2 day face to face Workstation (DSE) Ergonomics for Physiotherapists course is designed for physiotherapists who have had limited or no experience in the area of conducting office ergonomics assessments or who are looking for a refresher.
- 18th - 19th November 2021 - Cardiff - 18/11/21 - 09:00 until 17:00 (registration at 08:45) - 19/11/21 - 09:00 until 16:00.
NEW Remote DSE Assessment Best Practice - online
90 minute workshop via Zoom. Learn how DSE assessment can be undertaken effectively online. This course considers practical and technical issues that may arise. Training will be delivered in small groups of four therapists to allow the training to be adapted to suit the needs of the participants.
This course will NOT teach participants how to perform a DSE assessment. It is a pre-course requirement that participants are already competent DSE assessors and have completed at least 20 face to face DSE assessments prior to this course.
- 1st July 2021 - 16:00 - 17:30 (registration at 15:45) via Zoom.
- 14th September 2021 - 16:00 - 17:30 (registration at 15:45) via Zoom.
NEW Introduction to Applied Ergonomics – New blended learning course (includes 2 modules)
Module 1 - 10-15 hours of online learning at your own pace, including a multiple-choice test must be completed prior to attending Module 2, the interactive study day via Zoom, on the dates below. Click on the links below for more information.
Module 2 dates:
- 16th July 2021 – 09:30 until 16:00 - Module 2 - interactive study day via Zoom. Module 1 - 10-15 hours of online learning at your own pace, including a multiple-choice test - must be completed prior to attending Module 2. Access details will be sent once payment has been made.
NEW Manual Handling: Train the Trainer - Live Interactive Study Day
This interactive online course provides physiotherapists with the skills needed to develop and deliver an engaging and evidence-based manual handling workshop.
NEW Assessment of Fitness for Work Course (AFFW) online plus face to face study day - SLOUGH
This blended learning course, comprising 4 hours of independent learning and a 1 day face to face study day, will provide you with an in-depth knowledge of factors that must be considered when undertaking fitness for work assessment.
Module 2 date:
- 8th October 2021 - Slough - time TBC. Module 1 comprises of 4 hours of independent online learning which must be undertaken before the Module 2 face to face day in Slough on 08/10/21. Access details will be sent once payment has been made.
For more information and to book on these courses click on the links. If you have any questions or would like to register your interest please contact our admin team on email@example.com.
Other courses run by ACPOHE:
- Occupational Rehabilitation and Work Hardening
- Office Workstation Ergonomics (DSE) Level 1
- Office Workstation Ergonomics (DSE) Level 2
- Manual Handling - Train the Trainer and Risk Assessment
- Introduction to Occupational Health
- Assessment of Fitness for Work - Coming Soon!
- Enabling Patient Health Behaviour Change: Psychological Tools and Techniques relating to Pain Management - Coming Soon!
- NEW Remote DSE Assessment Best Practice