Date(s): 7 July 2022
Time: Registration at 16:15 - course is 16:30 - 18:00, via Zoom
Price: ACPOHE Members £50
Location: Course – online via Zoom
This online course is aimed at Physiotherapists who have working experience of face-to-face DSE assessments and would like to convert their skills to provide assessments remotely. Training will be delivered in small groups of six therapists, via Zoom, to allow the training to be adapted to suit the needs of the participants.
After the delivery of the best practice guidance there will be opportunity to discuss within the group and practice some techniques, such as how to obtain accurate measurements remotely. All participants will be provided with an anthropometric guidance form and best practice guidance to follow on completion of the course.
This course will NOT teach participants how to perform a DSE assessment. It is a pre-course requirement that participants are already competent DSE assessors, having completed at least 20 face to face DSE assessments.
After this course the participant should be able to:
- Put into place the technology and procedures to allow them to deliver an effective remote DSE assessment.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the challenges of remote DSE assessment, including common challenges not found in the office, and how to face them
- Request suitable information from the person being assessed before the start of the remote assessment
- Decide what platform best suits their needs and how to familiarise themselves with the technology to provide a professional assessment
- Decide on suitable background, lighting and display settings
- Confidently deliver a remote DSE assessment service
- Guide a user to provide accurate anthropometric measurements
- Understand the importance of complying with GDPR requirements
Pre Course requirements:
Delegates should have completed a minimum of 20 face-to-face DSE assessments prior to participation.
Participants must have a health background if they are not Chartered Physiotherapists, e.g. nurse, occupational health adviser, sports therapist etc.
Tutor: Juliet Raine
Juliet qualified as a Physiotherapist in 2005 at Northumbria University in Newcastle-upon-Tyne. After completing her rotations in the NHS she moved into private practice and “fell” into the world of DSE assessments. Suspecting there was a little more than positions of screens and settings of a chair she investigated the world of ergonomics deeper, eventually completing a Masters in Health Ergonomics with the University of Derby in 2015. She has specialised since 2008 not only in DSE assessments, but in injury prevention strategies, improving productivity and holistic workplace wellness interventions in a variety of settings, including laboratories, vehicles of all shapes and sizes, airport handling and security processes, factories and the retail and rail industries.
Since 2017 she has offered remote, online DSE assessments in addition to her face to face interventions, allowing her to relocate to Sardinia, “commuting” back to the UK every 2 months. Juliet is passionate about her work, thrives on a challenge and loves to deliver training. She hopes to pass on some of her passion and enthusiasm for what is often viewed as a very “dry” subject to the participants of this course.
Equipment required by delegates:
A tape measure, pen and paper. It is recommended that each delegate has a suitable device, such as a laptop or tablet, and does not use a smartphone. It is beneficial if there is also access to a second screen.
Course cost and booking details:
ACPOHE members £50.00.
- 7 July 2022 16:15 - 18:00 - CLICK HERE TO BOOK. Booking is via our Health & Work Learning and Development Hub. If you haven't accessed the Hub before, use the Forgotten Password link at the top right and enter the email address you use to log into the CSP / ACPOHE website when prompted for an email.
- If you are interested in attending this course when we run it on other dates, please register your interest by emailing our admin team on email@example.com.
Not a member? Join ACPOHE here first. Standard or Associate membership is just £50.00.