Date: 16 September 2023 - this has changed
Time: Module 1: 4 hours of online learning at your own pace, including a multiple-choice test. Module 1 must be completed prior to attending Module 2: face to face study day - 16/09/23 - registration 08:30 to 09:00, course 09:00 until 16:30.
Price: Earlybird Price £200 for ACPOHE Members until 15/06/23, £245 after 15/06/23
Module 1 is online via our Work & Health Learning and Development Hub.
Module 2 is at The Wellbeing & Rehabilitation Company, 99 Palatine Road, West Didsbury, Manchester M20 3JQ UK
Are you a physio?
IF you're not a physio, please get in touch with our admin team at email@example.com to check if the course is suitable for you.
How much do you really know about Assessment of Fitness for Work? Do you use appropriate and validated objective functional measures based on worker job demands? Do you always ensure patient safety during your fitness for work testing but also gain the most relevant information during your assessment? Want to learn more or update your skills? Our course will provide you with the confidence to competently assess fitness for work for an array of health conditions including symptoms associated with Long Covid.
ACPOHE has updated the Assessment of Fitness for Work Course into a blended learning format which is great value for money. Around 4 hours is undertaken independently utilising our online learning programme which is then followed by the face to face practical study day.
Assessing Fitness for Work - recommending suitable adjustments and adaptations as part of effective RTW planning and Case Management - online plus face to face study day - Manchester, UK
This blended learning course, comprising 4 hours of independent learning and a one day face to face study day, will provide you with an in-depth knowledge of factors that must be considered when undertaking fitness for work assessment. You will leave the course with practical skills on how to safely undertake functional measurements tests and understand how to use the information gained from these functional tests alongside other crucial components of your fitness for work assessment, to provide a well-balanced and evidence-based report on an individual’s fitness for work.
Key Learning Objectives
- Discuss basic principles of assessing fitness to work
- Job demands evaluation
- Review the ACPOHE guidelines and protocols on Assessing Fitness for Work (AFFW)
- Appreciate the importance of safety testing prior to functional measurement testing
- Understand how to perform functional measurement tests
- Select an appropriate range of functional measurement tests from the ACPOHE Toolkit, appropriate to physical job demands in an occupational setting
- Review report writing and provide recommendations on an employee’s fitness for work
- Physiotherapists wishing to move into an Occupational Health Setting
- Physiotherapists wishing to incorporate assessment of fitness for work into their role such as first contact practitioners in primary care of private practice
- Physiotherapists working in Occupational Health
- You will gain more from this course if you have already undertaken the Occupational Health Essentials Course
Sarah Nisar has over 20 years’ experience in occupational health practice across a wide range of sectors, including pharmaceutical companies, industry, the nuclear sector and government departments at home and abroad. Her role involves case management, fitness for work assessments and provision of ergonomic services. Having also served as an MSK clinical lead Sarah values the importance of a multidimensional approach to patient management when assessing fitness for work. Sarah was a member of the ACPOHE Fitness for Work Assessment Group which participated in developing the guidelines for the ACPOHE Functional Measurement Tests tool kit.
Dates and times:
Module 1: Immediate access available once payment is processed.
Module 2: 16/09/23 – registration 08:30 to 09:00, course 09:00 until 16:30.
Confirmation date: for Module 2 – you will be informed as soon as we know the course is viable to run (i.e. sufficient number of delegates have booked onto course).
Cost for Modules 1 & 2: ACPOHE Members £200 - does not include lunch, accommodation or transport but does include tea and coffee.
Location: The Wellbeing & Rehabilitation Company, 99 Palatine Road, West Didsbury, Manchester M20 3JQ UK
- 16 September 2023. COURSE FULL. If you'd like to register your interest in future dates, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Booking is via our Health & Work Learning and Development Hub. If you haven't accessed the Hub before, use the Forgotten Password link at the top right and enter the email address you use to log into the CSP / ACPOHE website when prompted for an email.
If you have any questions about accessibility or to request any reasonable accommodations please contact email@example.com before you book your place. We will do our best to accommodate your requirements to help you get the most from your experience with ACPOHE.