Date: 16/11/23 - the day before our Study Day. Why not attend both?
Time(s): 08:45 - 17:00
Module 1: 10-15 hours of online learning at your own pace, including a multiple-choice test. Module 1 must be completed prior to attending.
Module 2: face to face study day.
Cost: ACPOHE Members - Early Bird Price £240 before 04/09/23, £265 from 05/09/23
Location: Online (Module 1) and face to face in Birmingham, UK (Module 2)
Are you a physio?
If you're not a physio, please get in touch with our admin team at email@example.com to check if the course is suitable for you.
Course Aims / Summary:
This course is comprised of 2 modules:
Module 1: is undertaken independently online so you can work through this module at a suitable time and speed for you. Module 1 comprises of a series of short videos, additional reading and exercises, to complete a workbook that must be brought to Module 2. This will enable each delegate to have the necessary understanding to complete the face-to-face study day. Please allow around 10 - 15 hours to complete Module 1.
Module 2: is a one-day face-to-face study day. This will enable physiotherapists to develop the ability to conduct a competent ergonomics risk assessment in the workplace, predominantly concentrating on physical factors. A number of ergonomics risk assessment tools will be taught. The delegate will be able to undertake an ergonomics assessment of an individual, or a small group, in a setting where the issues are mainly physical. The delegate will be able to prepare a suitable report of such assessments, with recommendations to manage identified risk.
NOTE: This course does NOT cover the assessment of Display Screen Equipment (DSE) users. To find out about our Office Ergonomics (DSE) Level 1 course click here.
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT: To support you to feel prepared to take part in Module 2, the face-to-face study day, our course tutor, Kathy Roberts, will be available for an online Q&A session via Zoom. This session is designed for all participants to ask questions about any doubts they have related to the course work in Module 1.
This will be at 19:00 on 08/11/23 and you must register for this session by 02/11/23. Details of how to register will be given in the course instructions.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- Adopt a Systems Approach to ergonomics
- Discuss the features and importance of participative ergonomics
- Identify the physical risk factors for musculoskeletal disorders in a variety of work settings and make recommendations to manage these
- Explain anthropometrics in design and appropriately use anthropometrics within workplace assessment
- Accurately complete a job analysis on a work task for an individual
- Accurately identify risk using ergonomics assessment tools
- Write a clear and logical report
Pre Course requirements:
- Participants must have a health background if they are not Chartered Physiotherapist, e.g. nurse, occupational health adviser, sports therapist etc. If you're not a physiotherapist, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can check your suitability for the course.
- Delegates must complete Module 1 prior to attendance of Module 2.
Name: Kathy Roberts
Kathy is a Registered Member of ACPOHE and served as the Education Officer for ACPOHE for 8 years. She brings 25 years of knowledge of working within Occupational Health and Consultancy, alongside being a passionate educator and tutor.
Teaching and Learning building - room TLB-LG03, The University of Birmingham, Birmingham, B15 2TT.
For Modules 1 & 2:
ACPOHE Members - Early Bird Price £240 until 04/09/23, £265 from 05/09/23.
- Includes: tea / coffee / lunch
- Does not include: accommodation or travel.
Booking is via our Health & Work Learning and Development Hub:
- 16/11/23 - CLICK HERE TO BOOK. This is the day before our Study Day. Why not attend both?
- If you'd like to register your interest for this or future dates for this course, please email email@example.com.
If you haven't accessed the Hub before, use the Forgotten Password link at the top right and enter the email address you use to log into the CSP / ACPOHE website when prompted for an email.
If you have any questions about accessibility or to request any reasonable accommodations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before you book your place. We will do our best to accommodate your requirements to help you get the most from your experience with ACPOHE.