Course Aims / Summary
This two day face to face Workstation (DSE) Ergonomics for Physiotherapists course is designed for physiotherapists who have had limited or no experience in the area of conducting office ergonomics assessments or who are looking for a refresher.
After this course the participant should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of relevant Health & Safety legislation & regulations, relevant to office workers, particularly computer users.
- Demonstrate an understanding of other relevant legislation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the risk factors associated with work related upper limb disorders (WRULDs).
- Demonstrate an understanding of relevant consent and confidentiality issues.
- Feel competent to conduct a comprehensive office workstation ergonomics assessment and design an action plan which aims to reduce risk and promote health.
- Carry out basic anthropometric measurements and be able to advise on the type, size and functionality of office furniture and equipment that is suitable for a user.
- Prepare a clear and logical report of the assessment and recommendations made that meets all of the needs of the referrer.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- Describe the possible effects on health of DSE use and propose remedial measures
- Advise a computer user on correct workstation set up and work behaviours
- Carry out a comprehensive DSE workstation assessment and make recommendations to minimise risk and promote health
- Identify health issues and concerns relating to use of laptops, hot-desking and home working and advise on remedial action in line with current health and safety legislation
Delegates should have a sound grasp of anatomy, work physiology, biomechanics and posture relevant to ergonomics. Pre-course preparation is required and a reading list will be provided.
Participants must have a health background if they are not Chartered Physiotherapist, e.g. nurse, occupational health adviser, sports therapist.
Kathy Roberts is a Registered Member of ACPOHE with 25 years’ experience in the field of Occupational Health and Ergonomics and will bring this course to life with case-studies and personal experience. She is an expert educator and is passionate about supporting physiotherapists to develop their skills and scope of practice in this area.
The cost includes lunch* and tea / coffee on both days. It does not include accommodation or travel.
Please note that payment by GoCardless is for a one off payment and not an annual Direct Debit.
* We will be in contact closer to the time to request information about your dietary requirements.
Dates and times
Thursday 18th November 2021 - 09:00 until 17:00 (registration at 08:45)
Friday 19th November 2021 - 09:00 until 16:00