This course is aimed at physiotherapists new to DSE assessment and will provide you with a solid knowledge base and practical skills to undertake DSE assessments for office or home workstations.
Self-directed learning (approximately 2 - 3 hours) undertaken online and completion is required prior attendance at Unit 2.
Live interactive online session with ACPOHE tutor (6 hours).
Date: 17th September 2021
Registration at 08.45am
Start of course 09.00am
Planned 30-minute lunch break 12.30pm
End of course 4.30pm
- Describe the possible effects on health of DSE use and propose remedial measures
- Advise a computer user on correct workstation set up and work behaviours
- Carry out a comprehensive DSE workstation assessment and make recommendations to minimise risk and promote health
- Identify health issues and concerns relating to use of laptops, hot-desking and home working and advise on remedial action in line with current health and safety legislation
- Carry out basic anthropometric measurements and advise on office furniture and equipment required to suit and ‘fit’ a user
- Become familiar with office equipment
- Learn to clinically reason why to recommend specific equipment
Tutor: Juliet Raine
Juliet qualified as a Physiotherapist in 2005 at Northumbria University in Newcastle-upon-Tyne. After completing her rotations in the NHS she moved into private practice and “fell” into the world of DSE assessments. Suspecting there was a little more than positions of screens and settings of a chair she investigated the world of ergonomics deeper, eventually completing a Masters in Health Ergonomics with the University of Derby in 2015.
She has specialised since 2008 not only in DSE assessments, but in injury prevention strategies, improving productivity and holistic workplace wellness interventions in a variety of settings, including laboratories, vehicles of all shapes and sizes, airport handling and security processes, factories and the retail and rail industries. Since 2017 she has offered remote, online DSE assessments in addition to her face to face interventions, allowing her to relocate to Sardinia, “commuting” back to the UK every 2 months. Juliet is passionate about her work, thrives on a challenge and loves to deliver training. She hopes to pass on some of her passion and enthusiasm for what is often viewed as a very “dry” subject to the participants of this course.
Cost for unit 1 and unit 2:
NOTE: this is a one off payment via GoCardless. Payment takes a few days to clear.
Reliable internet connection
Tablet, laptop or computer with webcam and microphone