NEW Assessment of Fitness for Work Course (AFFW) - Blended Learning - Online and Face to Face Study Day 08/10/21
This blended learning course, comprising 4 hours of independent learning and a one day face to face study day, will provide you with an in-depth knowledge of factors that must be considered when undertaking fitness for work assessment. You will leave the course with practical skills on how to safely undertake functional measurements tests and understand how to use the information gained from these functional tests alongside other crucial components of your fitness for work assessment, to provide a well-balanced and evidence-based report on an individual’s fitness for work.
Key Learning Objectives
- Discuss basic principles of assessing fitness to work
- Job demands evaluation
- Review the ACPOHE guidelines and protocols on Assessing Fitness for Work (AFFW)
- Appreciate the importance of safety testing prior to functional measurement testing
- Understand how to perform functional measurement tests
- Select an appropriate range of functional measurement tests from the ACPOHE Toolkit, appropriate to physical job demands in an occupational setting
- Review report writing and provide recommendations on an employee’s fitness for work
- Physiotherapists wishing to move into an Occupational Health Setting
- Physiotherapists wishing to incorporate assessment of fitness for work into their role such as first contact practitioners in primary care of private practice
- Physiotherapists working in Occupational Health
- You will gain more from this course if you have already undertaken the Occupational Health Essentials Course
Sarah Nisar has over 20 years’ experience in occupational health practice across a wide range of sectors, including pharmaceutical companies, industry, the nuclear sector and government departments at home and abroad. Her role involves case management, fitness for work assessments and provision of ergonomic services. Having also served as an MSK clinical lead Sarah values the importance of a multidimensional approach to patient management when assessing fitness for work. Sarah was a member of the ACPOHE Fitness for Work Assessment Group which participated in developing the guidelines for the ACPOHE Functional Measurement Tests tool kit.
For Modules 1 & 2:
Please note that payment by GoCardless is for a one off payment and not an annual Direct Debit.
Dates and times
Module 1: Immediate access available once payment is processed.
Module 2: 8th October 2021 – time TBC.
Confirmation date: for Module 2 – you will be informed as soon as we know the course is viable to run (i.e. sufficient number of delegates have booked onto course).